Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Make a Deal

What do Pippi Longstocking, Carmen Maranda "The Lady with the Tutti-Fruiti hat", a Gypsie, the New Year's baby, and a Red Hot Rocker have in common? They are all rejected by Wayne Brady!

My cousin, Rebecca, invited me to join her, my two sisters, and my cousin's girlfriend to go to a taping of "Let's Make a Deal". Though none of us got on, here is a breakdown of the day:

-We spent 3 hours standing in line. Even though we had "tickets", we barely made it on the show (they had 320 people and the last of us was #312!). We made lots of friends and generally acted like wild, wild things.
-We were interviewed. I thought we would for sure be on because we were UNBELIEVABLY charming!
-After they had seated us on the very back row, we realized that there was a HUGE fan blowing right at us. I battled to keep both my contacts and my hat on for the first fifteen minutes of the show (while still trying to vye for Wayne' attention).
-We won a "spirit award" of sorts (looked like an emmy award) for our unruly behavior which Wayne Brady's assistant awarded us for being "the most crazy". Julie was asked to give a speech, which she did during a commercial break. On the microphone. In front of 319 people plus assorted producers, cameramen, etc.
-They took the award away!!! Apparently they award it to some crazy audience members each showing. We were so mad!
-Julie and I yelled out "We love you Wayne!" and he said he loved us too (though we aren't so sure because none of us got on) and blew us a kiss. The rest of the girl's called us crazy-stalkers, which of course we WERE (for the day).
-After hours of high-octane energy, we grabbed Taco Bell and scurried home!

The show is supposed to show within the next week. Stay tuned to see the madness!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Boogieboo said...

It probably aired today when the shooting coverage was on all morning!!

Taralee said...

Sounds way exciting :)

Nikki said...

All I am saying is crazy girls. My sister said she loved it. I am so sorry for her ulfit LOL

Unknown said...

I can not think of a more wild and exciting bunch to have on my game show! I love it! Please let me know when it is going to air. I want to see it ;D

lacie tidwell said...

awwww snap!!! I have tickets too! One of my students' mom is Wayne's actual assistant- I wish I knew you were going! I coul've worked a little inside magic to get you on! Next time you want to go- and get on- let me know! I may just have to borrow one of your costumes!