Monday, January 11, 2010

Girl's Night Out


This past Friday some of my good friends from the ward (thanks Leah, Taralee, Becky G., and Rebecca B.!) joined me for a "Girl's Night Out". We ate dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, where we ate ourselves silly and three of us realized we had nearly identical wedding rings (and Rebecca B. says hers is the same too, though she lost it). Taralee was so excited that we had to take pictures. I love how she grouped them on her scarf to get the best picture. We had many good laughs, including Taralee's bounteous ice cream (she didn't believe me when I told her it was an "agressive" machine).

After our bellys were full, we moved onto the mall where it quickly became everyone's mission in life to find me a good pair of jeans (picture above). I have never been so insulted! Comments such as "Those make your butt look bigger!" and "No! I really think you need the next size up." came at me from every angle. On the other hand, I have never felt so LOVED by a group of four friends who were determined to help me look my best. Thank you ladies--I promise to tell you if your butt looks big too--LOL!

Afterwards, we returned to my house where Leah, Rebecca B. and I talked (and laughed of course:) into the night. Here's a shout out to girlfriends old and new who always make my life a little happier and a lot more fun!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Babs said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sad I missed out. Great jeans! :)

The Rogers Clan said...

I'm glad you had such a positive attitude about the comments. You know you have true friends when they say that your butt looks big in those jeans and you need new ones. Sounds like a blast! Sometimes bounteous ice-cream is a must. My ring looks nothing like those, so it wouldn't have fit in, HA!

Leah said...

Thank you Kristin for taking the initiative to make that fun evening possible! I had a fabulous time and consider myself blessed to be surrounded by such great women.

And for the record...I think I only said that you needed longer jeans not necessarily bigger ones. The quest for the perfect jeans is such a traumatizing experience. I'm pretty sure the only thing worse is the great swimming suit hunt. Maybe we can do that next? That ought to be a good time!

Mandi Roth said...

You girls are so cute!! glad you had a fun night out!

Rebecca said...

ya, good times! But please, next time let's NOT go swimming suit shopping. That would he horrible.

Boogieboo said...

Had a blast!! But a least you didn't buy the jeans that made you butt look big. Or the ones with the stupid pocket design!!

Taralee said...

Fun times!! Seriously!!! I had a blast until I had to leave and I wasn't surprised that the night went on and on! I love the jean you ended up with and I'm happy to be your friend who will tell you when your pants are too tight :) I know you would do the same for me! LOVE IT! I still need the picture of our awesome rings. Especially because of my scarf background :)

I'm the best ice cream server.. EVER!

Unknown said...

Oh the sadness for me! Sad that I missed this fun evening. boo! Well, I'm sure you guys were wild and crazy as always ;D I miss you!!

Nikki said...

I love GNO. You guys know how to have fun it seems like. Keep the GNO out going!

monica said...

I wish I could have gone. That sounded dreamy.Next time let me know and I'll fly out. :)