Monday, January 4, 2010
Busy December
As usual, December was busy, busy for us Chesniks. Thank heavens my shopping was done in November! Here are a few of the fun things we did this year (in addition to those previously posted):
*Josh and Benjamin went to the Las Vegas Bowl (Josh got free tickets from his Dad!) with my brother Steve and my Dad where they watched BYU beat Arizona. They were very proud, And very, very cold. My Dad royally spoiled everyone with hot dogs, t-shirts, blankets, etc. and they all had a terrific time.
*I helped put on a scout party, a Relief Society party, a friend's party, and a family baby shower for my sister-in-law Gina. I lead the music for our Ward Christmas party.
*We completed our first Gingerbread House (from a kit) as a family.
*We enjoyed talking about the true meaning of Christmas during Family Home Evenings. We attended a baptism of four new members of the church and went to tithing settlement. I substituted in Primary almost every week.
*I sang in the Ward Choir and with my family (a capella!) in church.
*I baked unbelievable amounts of food which I fed to whomever was nearby.
*We had parent conferences. Both Eli and Benjamin are doing GREAT!
*Josh attended a Gardening Workshop. We are hoping to produce a little more this coming season.
*We got to see lots of family and friends. Thanks for making time for us!
It was such a great month! I am looking forward to the relative calmness of January though:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds about like mine. Even though by the end I'm so ready for it all to be back to the normal business, I do love it :)
Oh and THANK YOU so much to Josh for giving Tom and the guys those tickets. My brother in particular was VERY grateful. They were so DANG cold but had so much fun.
What a fun and busy month.
Post a Comment