Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pinewood Derby

 


Benjamin and Josh completed their second Pinewood Derby today. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the wheels (that we still debate) and so Josh was left with no choice but to change out the wheels at the last second or be disqualified (along with 3 other racers). Benjamin came in 8/11, but was very happy and proud of his car that he named "Brazil" for its green, yellow and blue coloring. He won for the "Best Paint Job". The boys worked on it for over a week to make it just the way Ben wanted. Grandma and Grandpa Chesnik and Grandma and Grandpa Edington all came to watch the race. We celebrated all the hard work with a BBQ. Way to go Benjamin!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hardy Family said...

Oh the Pinewood Derby Tales. I know it can be very gruesome at these things. I don't mean with the kids either, I mean with the parents. There were a few weight issues at Cam's last derby, but we did not dispute them.
P.S. You should watch the movie "Pinewood Derby", I think you can buy it at Deseret Book, but we rented it at Blockbuster I think years ago. So super funny! A great family night movie.

Amy said...

Congratulations on your paint job award! Your car looks great Ben.

Vadney Family said...

You go Ben~!!! Good for him. Hey, square wheels happen to all of us sometimes.
I have to admit I've never seen Pinewood Derby cars/a race before. That's really great that he gets to do such activities.