Monday, April 12, 2010

Gone Plum Crazy!

Okay so maybe not plum...but certainly apricot and strawberry. Last FHE, Josh brought home 10 pounds of strawberries to make homemade jam. Ben and Eli washed, cut and measured strawberries while Jakob and Jalie ate and poured sugar. We managed to can 13 pints of strawberry jam, made apricot fruit leather out of some canned fruit my mother-in-law wanted to use up, and baked four loaves of strawberry bread. We sang our hearts out and had a great evening as a family working on good eats!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Rogers Clan said...

Takes quite a man to make strawberry jam and strawberry bread. GO JOSH!

You'll need to teach me how to make jam. I've never canned a thing and I want to learn.

Taralee said...

I totally enjoyed the "fruits" of those labors and they were YUMMY!!! You guys are A.L.W.A.Y.S doing some sort of fun out of the ordinary thing. Awesomeness :)

Nikki said...

So YUMMY, If I only lived closer.

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks awesome, beautiful, and delicious. Not to mention fun too, but that's a given--you guys are just fun ;D

Hardy Family said...

I would like your fruit leather recipe. I never made it but love it.

Vadney Family said...

The leather sounds so yummy!!!! I love that stuff.