I coerced my ever-willing-to-make-a-party-Dad into taking the girls of the family out to lunch to celebrate our mutual reading of "The Hunger Games". We weren't able to have everyone, but a lucky few of us ventured off to Tommy Bahamas in Town Square where we enjoyed a delicious meal with excellent company.
Gina was giving me a case of the giggles because she was completely sleep-deprived and had the sillest expressions going on. She also announced her pregnancy, which no one believed at first (She will have 4 kids under 4! What a crazy, amazing woman!). Kittie (my sister-in-law Kristin) had us rolling in the aisles with her stories about my brother Jim's temper. We even got the waiters involved in our nonsense. I brought a quiz entitled "Which Hunger District would you be in?" just to make sure we mentioned the book, which I loved.
Thanks for the FANTASTIC lunch party/bookclub Daddy-O!!!

4 comments:
I loved, loved these books. I read them when each one first came out. Got my sister hooked. I can not wait until the movie comes out. It should be a good one. I hate waiting for each book to come out though. It is always a years wait. Crazy!
Good food and Good Times!!! Oh ya and Good book!
I concur with Nikki. I LOVE these books. I can't wait until the 3rd one comes out.
I love that book!! I'm so sad I missed the good times ;D
Post a Comment