Thursday, May 21, 2009
Jakob turns 4!!!
Jakob is 4! We couldn't be happier to have this special guy in our family. He is a love-a-bug and ADORES his family, friends, Primary teachers, Mary at Smith's--pretty much everyone! He loves to play with other kids, reading books with Mommy or Grandma Edington, going to the store, and watching "shows". Josh and I have always recognized his gentleness, his skipping-down-the-halls-singing happiness, and his soft heart as uniquely Jakob. People are always asking how we got such a sweet kid. Should we be offended?
Jakob had a GREAT birthday! On his birthday (May 15th--the day the priesthood was restored!), we went to a local park and met up with some of his friends. The kids played in the barely-working splash pad. I actually think Jakob prefered it that way--he is easily intimated by water:). That evening, we had some close friends (Trumans, Whipples and Boyds--THANKS!) over to help Jakob celebrate. The kids had tons of fun playing games in the guest house and eating "Kung Fu Panda" cake. He got a REALLY cool tricycle!
On Sunday, all the family came over to celebrate, along with my niece Courtney (and Dominique!). We started a new tradition with the aunts and uncles giving dollars for the kids to pin on their shirts instead of bringing presents. Jakob was SO excited to take his money to Walmart and buy Thomas the Train bathtub squirters! Everyone had lots of fun talking while the kids played.
Happy birthday Jakob! We love you SO, SO much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Happy Birthday big man!
What a fun Birthday!! :)
Happy Birthday Jake!!
I can't believe it! 4 already ;D Happy Birthday!
I'm so happy that we could spend the day with you guys! It was so much fun :) He really is a sweet kid, with a loud voice. I LOVE IT!! :)
I'm glad you liked the solar car Jakob!
I have to say my kids would love your new family tradition. They love to get cash as they say. Brand new dollar bills are the best the kind that stick together and you have to lick your fingers to spread them apart. Your family sure it getting bigger everyday. Just like you said on my blog enjoy it now while they are young and our calendars aren't as full. Tell Jakob Happy bday from the Hardys
Post a Comment