Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Relief Society "Sale-abration"

 

Last night, our ward celebrated the birthday of the Relief Society. For those who do not know, the Relief Society is the largest women's organization in the world. It is composed of "sisters" 18 and older and serves to strengthen and enable women throughout the world and helps us to fulfill our divine destiny as women and to help individuals and families come unto Christ.

I have been on the enrichment committee at least 7 of my almost 11 years of marriage. The enrichment committee helps to put together events for the Relief Society. I found such a fun idea for the birthday party--a "sale-abration" where people came to "Zion's Place Mall" (the church gym:) and "shopped" at stores that taught the purposes of the Relief Society. We had seven wonderful women set up "stores" that had all sorts of fun handouts (my favorite: ring pops with a verse of scripture about the worth of a virtuous woman being greater than rubies)and even had a Food Court serving pizza, salad and cookies. I was in charge of invitations and decorations. It turned out to be a very special evening and a great time for the sisters to enjoy each other's company.

Happy Birthday Relief Society!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

That was a fun night! i enjoyed it. you did a great job, even though i'm not in your ward, i was happy to come and that you guys didn't kick me out!! haha! Such a cute idea.

Amy said...

That looks like a really fun idea. If I'm back in Enrichment around birthday time again I'll be calling you about it! :)

lacie tidwell said...

What a great idea! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

The Foote Family said...

I am so flattered you liked my handout the best! Yay! :) It turned out awesome and was such a creative idea for enrichment. You always have good ideas.