Monday, March 16, 2009
Edington Family Goes to Zion National Park!
The Edington family went to Zion National Park this past weekend. Josh designed a cabin for come friends a couploe of years back, they built it, and invited us to stay. It was amazing--a 3,600 square foot (5 bedroom, 4 1/2 bathroom) in Zion Pondorosa. It was built and decorated beautifully. That's my kind of camping!
Some of my highlights of the trip:
-Eating breakfast at the Cracker Barrell. My Dad paid and then spoiled each of the kids with a fun candy/toy from the shop.
-Feeding animals at the Buffalo Ranch in Springdale. The buffalos tongues were HUGE and GREEN! Thank Jim and Kristin for the fun suggestion!
-Seeing Zion National Park. I hadn't seen the entire park before. It is so, so beautiful. Benjamin and I were a little nervous about the cliffs and the long, dark tunnels.
-Seeing the cabin! Seriously, it turned out so great!
-Hanging out while people put together puzzles, played games, watched Kung Fu Panda, took small hikes, shopped at the resort, eating lots of fun snacks and meals (especially dutch oven and s'mores!), Grandma's Primary on Sunday, etc.
-Lounging around the fire pit we made.
-Reading on the back porch while the kids rolled around in the snow that hadn't melted yet.
-Jim's discovery of an infomercial with messed up closed cationing. We have a theory that the Taliban intercepted and inputed scrambled messages. Jim read the closed captioning with an Arabic accent and had us all laughing our heads off.
-Four of us catching a ride to the resort from a nice neighbor.
-A confusing conversation with the ladies at the resort shop. I asked them if they had a spa. The lady responded that they did but they had to call a woman from Cedar to come set it up. She asked how many people we had. Mark said he wouldn't be surpised if all 18 of us came and could she make sure it was "fired up" and "hot". The lady was completely embarrassed. I realized that we were talking about a hot tub spa and she was talking about a massage/facial spa. LOL!
-Having Dance Dance Revolution competitions. Steve was the best!
-Jim, Kristin, Tom, Logan and Mark went on two small hikes. During one, Jim found a friendly squirrel that he fed a hoggie sandwich to. A lady saw him and told him she was going to call the police. Jim sassed back, "You'll have to get my ID first!".
-A quick stop at the St. George Temple on our trip back.
-Jalie petting Benjamin's head as he slept on her lap.
All in all, a fabulously fun trip! Thanks to all those who came! We missed the few of you that couldn't come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
What a fun trip! We haven't been to Zions in years!
What a fabulous trip. Love your pictures.
That sounds like so much fun! It makes me quite anxious to go to our cabin this summer. You did a lot of the things we do while we're there. And we also have a bunch of property just past Zion, so to get there we drive through it and I LOVE the tunnels!!
We missed you guys! :)
How fun! The fire pit was the first thing Troy said to me when they arrived at dinner last night. It was cute.
The conversation went like this:
Me: "Hey Troy!" as I gave him a hug.
Troy: "Hi KC! I just came from a cabin with an outdoor firepit."
Me: "Wow! Sounds cool."
Troy: "Yeah. It was. Real fire!"
And then he was off playing with the boys. :-) Gotta love 7-year olds!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm glad! And I still think you have an adorable little family. :-)
I'm inspired. I don't think I've been to Zion's since I was a kid. We really need to get out more.
Wow, what a fun day! Josh I am super impressed. I would love to see more of the house you designed. So talented!
OMGoodness! Good for you all. I'm so happy to hear that you all had such a wonderful time. The cabin sounds amazing!
That sounds like so much fun! How cool that you got to stay at the place that he helped design. We just drove through Zion this weekend (on our way home from "The Foote Ranch") and I took like a million pictures because it was so pretty.
Post a Comment