I was asked to do a nativity program for our ward's Christmas party this past Saturday. Josh built a stable and we used lots of leftover material from last year's party. Eliana starred as the Head Angel and Benjamin as the Head Donkey (at least those were the titles I gave them to make them seem extra important). I tried to get Eli to put her arms out and down, but she managed to frighten the pants off the poor shepherds by raising her hands above her body with hands in "scaring position" during the "Fear not for I bring unto good tidings of great joy" section. She later walked off the stage grabbing her nether regions saying she had to pee. Benjamin kept elevating himself, trying unsuccessfully to correct her but making quite a spectical of himself. We had an escapee shepherd who wanted his mother, not Jesus. The wise men ran out onto stage with great gusto. And the nativity participants broke into wild applause after a violin solo (though no one else was clapping for any part of it). There was a very special performance by Mary (Brinley Truman) that was so, so sweet. Anyhoo, a typical nativity pageant...
Monday, December 8, 2008
Ward Nativity Program
I was asked to do a nativity program for our ward's Christmas party this past Saturday. Josh built a stable and we used lots of leftover material from last year's party. Eliana starred as the Head Angel and Benjamin as the Head Donkey (at least those were the titles I gave them to make them seem extra important). I tried to get Eli to put her arms out and down, but she managed to frighten the pants off the poor shepherds by raising her hands above her body with hands in "scaring position" during the "Fear not for I bring unto good tidings of great joy" section. She later walked off the stage grabbing her nether regions saying she had to pee. Benjamin kept elevating himself, trying unsuccessfully to correct her but making quite a spectical of himself. We had an escapee shepherd who wanted his mother, not Jesus. The wise men ran out onto stage with great gusto. And the nativity participants broke into wild applause after a violin solo (though no one else was clapping for any part of it). There was a very special performance by Mary (Brinley Truman) that was so, so sweet. Anyhoo, a typical nativity pageant...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tara filmed Brinley and put it on her blog. Congradts for putting together a program! Our ward didn't do anything but eat, talk and leave.
I have to tell you (And Josh!) that I put a picture of it on my family's website and they were all very impressed with your stable. You did a great job putting it all together.
CUTE blog!! I thought the program was GREAT. I LOVED Brinley singing, didn’t she do an awesome job. Macy was really excited to be an angel thanks for asking her. You sure have been busy with the ward party, scout party, and the relief society party. Oh, and how did Josh like your scarf??
Post a Comment