Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Revelry


Here are a few photos of our family's entries to the Annual Turkey contest at the Edington's. Every Thanksgiving, my neice Ashley arranges for everyone to vote for different categories. This one was Josh's and he won for "Most Abstract". He entitled his work of wonder "TURKEY: AN ABSTRACT PERSPECTIVE OF THE HOLIDAY ICON".

This was Benjamin's turkey. He used it in a school project.

Eliana won for "Most Accurate Turkey". She LOVED getting lots of attention and otherwise shaking her tail feathers.
This is my entry. I won for the "Most Work Put Into a Turkey", which I think meant no one liked it but felt badly that I spent time on it. It was very dear to my heart and animal right's activists would have loved it. Notice the blood/tabasco sauce carefully splattered across the signage. There were also large X's for death eyes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

danakay said...

What fun traditions you guys have! I may have to steal some of them from you! :-)

Amy said...

Your family should have won an award for the most participants. The Chesniks were well represented! I like you (I mean your) turkeys. :)