Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it SNOW!


I have lived in Las Vegas my entire life and I haven't seen anything like this (except as a one year old, which I do not remember, but have a picture of). Yesterday it started SNOWING like MAD!!! We got at least four inches throughout the day. The kids were in heaven as they had the day off of school for the teachers to hold parent conferences. They played outside for hours, coming in just to laugh and warm their hands from repeated snowball fights. Today they are living it up on their official SNOW DAY off of school! Can you believe it?!?

Josh remarked that it looked like we lived in Colorado. I am so happy to have the beautiful snow for one day (it is already melting) but truly grateful I don't have to live in it everyday. My brother, Jim, is pretty happy because he is a auto body shop owner/manager and he saw lots of work coming his way as he drove around (keep in mind, Las Vegas doesn't have a single snow plow and hardly anyone has a car that is equipped for snow). We celebrated with my parents and three of my brothers and their families who came over for pizza and hot cocoa.  What a fun Christmas-time surprise!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're jealous! We actually live in Colorado, and you have more snow than us...but we'll get more soon, I'm sure...maybe even from that same storm! I hear rumors that my kid-at-heart brothers combined their efforts and built an eight-foot snowman in my mom's yard...I'm hoping to see pictures...that's bigger than any snowman I've ever attempted, that's for sure!