
Okay, so both Josh and I tend to be a little cheap and a little simple about things. We tell our kids that we pay for Christmas gifts and Santa delivers them. That is the only way we can explain how their friends and family get lots more than $60 worth of gifts :).
This past weekend, we went to the Galleria Mall to eat dinner at Chevy's (I love their chicken flautas meal!). We, of course, brought a coupon and split all of our meals. Just as a side note to our cheapness: If the waiter is nice about it (he was), he/she always get an especially good tip.
Afterwards, we saw Santa and took this picture in the background because the cheapest picture was $14 for a 4x6. We will just have to hold out for RC Willey's where they do free pictures with Santa once a year!
7 comments:
The picture of the kids turned out cute. I've asked the Santa people before if I can take my own picture of the kids on his lap and they always say yes. I'm not brave enough to do it every year, but I have a few times. :)
They had a large sign outside it that said we couldn't (otherwise I would have)!
Well I don't think my kids have a picture with Santa yet, so I guess we're lazy AND cheap LOL. I love you family picture!!!! Nice job Amy :)
Jalie looks so cute in that family picture at the top of the page! Oh and your not being cheap--your just being frugal. That's what I always say ;D I love seeing pictures of your family. Of course, it makes me miss you guys!
Your family is soooo stinkin cute. You are not cheap at all. Our family is exactly the same way. I love that they are really young, because you can Craigslist a lot of Christmas and they don't know, nor do they care.
Pictures with Santa are a must for me. I don't know why. I love it. Maybe not this year though. Too strapped. Have to get creative with that one.
Too fun, Kristin! It is good to "see" you and your adorable family after all these years. Maybe I'll try to get my blog going again...I did one while my hubby was deployed but then got away from it. I'm guessing it won't happen until after I deliver though!
Kristen, I'm happy we just found your blog! This is Katie Foote, bytheway. We're going to add you as a link.
"That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest."
- Henry David Thoreau, 1856
Yay for being frugal!
Post a Comment