
I was watching my friend Taralee's little girl, Sage, one morning. When Taralee got back, we visited for a few minutes. Apparently the girls found some kid's scissors from Eli's desk drawer and decided to "decorate" each others hair (Sage's words, not mine:). Sage walked past me and I noticed right away that something was different. Then Jalie followed her down the hallway. As Taralee was asking, "Did they cut their hair?". I was already on my feet, "They cut their hair!". Neither of us realized how bad it was until they showed us where the hair was covering the family room floor (at which point we both started bawling uncontrollably) and we took a good look at their heads.
Eli cut her hair at that age, but not nearly so much. I had no idea that Jalie cutting her hard-earned, beautiful toe-head blonde hair off would make me so sad. I think I would have managed my own hair being cut off better. Really, I was tramatized. I know this is one of those "rite of passage" type events, but did it have to be so insanely dramatic?
Sage cut the back primarily and Jalie primarily the front. Both were bad, but Jalie was a certified mullet-headed trailer baby (please no one take offense about the trailer reference). Her bangs were less than 1/4 inch!
Anyhow, many tears later, she has had not one, but two haircuts to try and make her hair into something I can manage. All I can say is thank the heavens above she is beautiful even without much hair. And I will NOT be encouraging her to become a hairdresser.



4 comments:
She is so freaking cute.
oh my goodness! love all the new posts, but this is by far my favorite. so so sad that she did it, but be glad that you documented it. she IS darling, but i'm sure it's painful to see the difference.
Jalie is BEAUTIFUL with or without hair!!!
WOW, i can see how you were so upset. She has beautiful hair, But she is gorgeous and looks so cute!!
Post a Comment