Monday, February 9, 2009

Kristin turns 31!

 

I had the best birthday this year! It was a week-long celebration! I went out to dinner and saw a movie with my best friend from high school/college. My Dad gave me a brie cheese and crackers party with fancy grape juice in glasses and my mom made me a fabulous meal on Wednesday. Josh took Thursday off and we shopped, split a panini from the Spicy Pickle (yum!), relaxed while the two younger kids took naps, bought Dance Dance Revolution and a used PS2 for my present which I LOVE), and ate dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. So, so fun!

Yesterday, my family all came over for a Valentine's/February's birthday party for my sister (Julie), my niece (Ashley E.), my cousin's wife (Ashley V.), and me. My brother Jim and his wife Kristin bought us all "Snuggleys"--those blankets with arm sleeves that are always on infomercials. Here's a picture of all the birthday girls in our Snuggleys.

Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday special!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I'm glad you had such a great Birthday! My mo actually bought me and my sister one of those snuggies also.. How do you like it? I haven't tried mine yet. I think they are silly!

danakay said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday! I'm glad you had such a good week!

Hardy Family said...

What a fun day you had. I especially like your snuggly blankies. You girls actually look like you should be on the stand at General Conference singing with the motab choir.lol
I also loved Benjamins science project. Tell him he did an awesome job!

Vadney Family said...

Happy late Birthday! Ashley told me how much we missed :( I was so sad to hear. I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday. I think all adults (woman anyways) should celebrate their birthdays for a week. I've done it for a few years now. I love it!

Tom said...

I'm glad it was so great for you! That makes me so happy inside (seriously!). I had to laugh at the picture with the snuggies. Brinley LOVES those commercials. One day when we were at my parents, I over heard her telling them all about it. It was hilarious because she was saying all the same things that are said in the commercial. LOL! She was saying you can hold a baby, you can read a book... :) We ended up buying one!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kristin!!! I'm always sad when I can't be there to celebrate your birthday. It sounds like you were well taken care of. Especially the brie cheese and crackers party! Yum

ps--I was so happy to see the snuggly blankets! Brett always laughs at the commercial, but secretly I think he wants one. FYI--did you know that originally they wanted to call them slankets? They also had a spot to put remote controls. Interesting, huh?

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday. You girls always have so much fun.