Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Store

We have really been having a happy and productive summer. Thanks to a friend of mine, I got the idea to have the kids do chores and their other work (workbooks, practicing piano, reading, etc.). Each morning they wake up to new assignments on large craft sticks in plastic cups.
As they work, they earn "Chesnik Bucks". Once a week we hold a "Summer Store" where they can use their bucks to buy different items. It has been the first summer that I feel like the kids are really productive and happy and I don't have an additional work load for myself. It has been really great!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That is a great idea. I love the Bucks. We did this a few yrs ago with A few years ago we made away for the girls to earn fake money and they had to pay us for different things. It was like a month long lesson on the value of money. IT taught them well, they appreciate what they have and do.

Gina said...

YAY for fun productive summers. Love Josh's pic!

Vadney Family said...

That's a great idea. I wonder if I could make this work with the girls.