Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Fanciest Birthday Party Ever!!!


When my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told them I would really love to see a show. They love plays as much as I do and were excited to plan something for both me and my sister Julie. My Dad told me a few days before that he was going to use the limo ride he bid on in the "Keeping Kolby" auctions I helped put together. Sure enough, a short while after I showed up at my parent's house, the stretch limo from Little Chapel of the Flowers arrived, driven by the owner himself (Tyler Foote)! It was amazing.

After opening our gifts of beautiful silver bracelets, we traveled in style over to the Venetian where we found the Italian steakhouse, Dominico's. We enjoyed the MOST WONDERFUL food. It was like stuff from the Iron Chef, except it was all perfectly edible (no beef consume ice cream). Everything was beautiful and delicious. They brought us both a tasting plate and raspberry sherbet in almond cookie cups in honor of our birthdays. It was amazing.

Then we walked over to the show, The Phantom of the Opera! My dad was looking for our seat in the FRONT ROW!!! Even my mom had no idea. Julie and I split the DEAD CENTER--as in the only person in front of us besides the actors was the conductor!!!! It was truly an incredible show, made all the more enjoyable by the occasional elbowing, meaning "Can you believe we are here?!?". I LOVED being so close that I could watch the conductor and some of the musicians. I adored my eyes burning from the fireworks. I delighted in the rolling fog filling my lungs. It was amazing.

As we were leaving, Julie asked if I would eat a tangerine from one of the many trees in the hotel if she grabbed one. I said "absolutely" and the dare was on. Unfortunately, Julie is a terrible thief and not only ripped half of the skin off but also unknowingly dropped the poor thing as she attempted to put it in her purse. As we opened the front doors, a woman tapped her shoulder, handed her the tangerine, and said "Busted!". We rolled with laughter. Because I was unwilling to eat the unpeeled, rolled about (and therefore highly unsanitary) portion, I only ate half of the stolen fruit. It was delicious. If any of you go to the Venetian, please steal one for me. Just please try to be more stealth than Julie. It was amazing.

As we returned home, our "little old driver so lively and quick" made one last stop at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign where we took a couple of dreadful pictures with my awful camera. We lazed about the limo and generally made havok.

Did I mention it was AMAZING?!?

THANK YOU DAD!! THANK YOU MOM!! I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT NIGHT. EVER.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! You've been busy updating tonight! It's fun to see all the photos and hear the stories.

Rebecca said...

Wow. Can your parents take me out on my birthday?

Caitlin said...

Happy happy birthday! Wow, what a fun one! sounds fantastic, i hope you had a wonderful day!

Mandi Roth said...

WOW what a fabulous birthday!! I want to be taken out in style like you and your sis. How fun!! You have amazing parents. Glad you were spoiled as you should be!! :)

Unknown said...

Kristin! I just LOVE reading your blog! What a truly fun and amazing night ;D You totally deserve it. And you know, I would absolutely steal an orange for you from the Venetian--especially if it tasted good. I might even steal one for myself ;D

Happy Birthday!!