Monday, October 26, 2009
Harvest Festival Madness
Benjamin and Eliana's schools combine their efforts to create an annual Harvest Festival as a fundraiser for classroom supplies. This year, I was in charge of doing ticket pre-sales. I thought it would be great because I could do it a little at a time at home. Boy was I wrong! I had to go to the school repeatedly (which was a problem because one of the schools won't allow children in their teacher's lounge!) to pick up the orders and 50% of them came in the very last day! It was madness! Thanks to my sweet hubby and my little sis (both with filling the orders and doing some babysitting!), we completed them at last. Apparently, they sold $2000 more in pre-sale tickets this year than last year!
The actual Harvest Festival was fabulous! My sister, Kelli, came with us and was a great nanny to Jakob (which made it SO much easier even though he is our easiest child). The kids wore their costumes, but Jalie HATED hers and was shortly only in a diaper (which is why I ended up buying her a different costume for Halloween). The kids loved running around playing games with their friends. Benjamin even won second place in one of the hula hoop contests!!! We all enjoyed relaxing on the grass, after all of our tickets were used, watching Benjamin hula-hoop and talking with lots of good friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OK, I am totally baffled. Your blog posts aren't updating on my blog roll. What the heck? I missed this post and I would have missed all the ones above this if I hadn't happened to just click on your blog. Hmmm??
So anyway, on with my comment. I am still just so impressed with Ben's "dance" moves while hula-hooping. LOL!! He was pretty good! :)
Jalie is a crack up. I love her belly :)
Post a Comment