Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer School

 

Our ward had an enrichment night on how to survive the summer with the kids at home. It was fantastic! My mom talked about the summer school she did for my family when we were growing up. It was so helpful, and really got me excited about taking on this summer with my kids (our school went to 9 month just this year). We have been having so much fun and getting so much accomplished! The kids love the simple activities we have planned each day. Eliana has mentioned her gratitude for summer school everyday in every prayer since we started, so I guess it is working so far!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yea for 9-month school - I don't even want to think about the possibilty of year round. Nice job with summer school.

And I'm curious, did you make the apricot jam yourself?

Cassi said...

OK, so I need some of your ideas. The kids are doing swim lessons which fills some of their time, but they are so much better when I give them things to do. It looked like in the picture you were doing a craft something....